Teddy Bear made of polymer clay. Photo Tutorial on polymer clay. Polymer clay figurine.
This is a detailed photo Tutorial on polymer clay with a description of how to sculpt a polymer clay figurine of a very cute teddy bear with chocolate. It is a very nice polymer clay idea.
Polymer clay teddy:
- For this figurine we mix four parts of white polymer clay and one part of beige in order to make a light beige color. For creating a figure of this size, you will need about 75 gr of polymer clay. To sculpt the Bears figurines, we need to take baked polymer clay. Exactly from the baked polymer clay the best result will be obtained.
2. For absolutely any polymer clay figurine you will need a wire frame wrapped in aluminum foil. Therefore, for a bear polymer clay figurine, you will need a frame as well. We start with legs and wind up an aluminum foil in a certain way. Also, for sculpting and baking, we will definitely need a small glass. On this glass we will roll out a small piece of light beige polymer clay. On this piece we will glue the base of the foil for making the legs of the bear.
3-3a. We stick the base for the legs of the figurine with a polymer clay, then we cut out the lower layer along the contour. Using a needle stack, we form wool on the legs.
4. Then we take a light blue polymer clay and on the top we put a piece on the legs of a bear polymer clay figurine. Then we take a light beige piece and put it over the blue one.
5. We roll out a thin layer of light blue polymer clay and sculpt the shorts for our bear.
6. Let’s start sculpting the head of a bear figurine, for this we need to roll a ball of aluminum foil.
7. This ball we roll in a light beige polymer clay, as it shown on the photo. Herewith, we take small black glass or metal beads and insert them instead of the eyes, also look at the photo attentively. During sculpting it is convenient to hold the head on glass or toothpicks, we will also need this hole to attach the head to the body of the polymer clay figurine.
8. From light-beige polymer clay we form ears and from an orange polymer clay we make a nose. We work on the wool with a needle stack. When the head is completely ready, we put it on the pre-baking.
9-9b. We modify the body of the bear and finalize the shorts for him, as it shown on the photo.
10. We sculpt the paws of the bear and also we work with a needle stack on them in order to form the wool.
11-11b. After that we take the brown polymer clay and sculpt the chocolate bar, using a ruler for sculpting, the result should be as shown on the photo.
12-12a. Fix the chocolate bar in the paws of the bear and then put our polymer clay figurine in the oven to bake.
Here we have a separate page “Polymer clay figurines ideas” with very detailed photo tutorials on how to sculpt figurines.
4 Replies to “Polymer clay teddy. Tutorial on polymer clay figurine”
What’s up, after reading this awesome article i am also happy to share my know-how here with colleagues.
That is really fascinating, You are a very skilled blogger.
I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking extra of your excellent post.
Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!
You’re so cool! I don’t believe I’ve truly read anything like this before.
So nice to find someone with original thoughts on this subject matter.
Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is something that is needed on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!
Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the final section 🙂 I deal with such information a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.