Polymer clay earrings can be made using all kinds of jewelry molding techniques. All techniques will be presented on our page with tutorials on sculpting polymer clay jewelry. For example, the stone imitation technique, the minting imitation technique, etc. Here, you will see many ideas and ready-made results of polymer clay earrings, with detailed tutorials on how to sculpt them. But also see the page from our website “Polymer clay jewelry“>> because there are earrings in jewelry sets:
For example, earrings can be in the form of candies or cookies, a particular lesson on sculpting of food is generally presented on our website: “Polymer Clay Ideas”, on the page: polymer clay food. For instance, if they are cute earrings made in the form of strawberries, there also will be a detailed lesson on how to sculpt strawberries on the page of sculpting polymer clay food. If the earrings will be in the form of a flower, or a composition of flowers, then the page with a detailed photo of the lessons on modeling flowers will be on the page: polymer clay flowers.
Polymer clay earrings. Tutorials on polymer clay
Earrings made of polymer clay
And on this page there will be lessons on assembly and the features of fixing to accessories, since earrings imply a set – a pair, and you need to sculpt 2 as much as possible identical objects (compositions). Also, there are very nice interesting earrings with animals, definitely, animals are molded a bit different, since it is necessary to consider that we will make earrings from them and fix the accessories.
Exactly on this page, it will be shown in detail precisely the technique of fixing to special accessories (pusets, earring fixture) and the features of molding for this accessories and also the features of molding 2 identical objects. We will show the lessons and principles of making the object lighter, since the polymer clay is quite heavy, sometimes it is possible to make the subject lightweight, for example, to use light hollow beads for the base of earrings. Since the weight of the product in the earrings matters, too heavy earrings may be not very comfortable to wear.
Polymer clay earrings. Strawberry earrings made of polymer clay. Tutorial on polymer clay
For making these polymer clay earrings, we need red and green polymer clay, bijouterie accessories, aluminum foil, metal golden powder, round-nose pliers and a brush. For creating of polymer clay earrings, we take baked polymer clay.
Photo 1 shows the main things that we need, as well as necessarily we need special accessories for earrings – earring fixture.
2. We take a bijouterie stud, wrap foil on it. We need foil to make the earrings lighter.
3. We wind up the workpiece for the second earring in the same way.
4. It should be like this.
5. We make 2 identical workpieces.
6. With round-nose pliers we make a loop at the end of the stud on which the foil is wound.
7. You should get such a loop.
8. We make the same loop on the second workpiece. We divide the red polymer clay into two equal parts.
9. We roll our workpiece with red polymer clay, make an oblong drop in the form of a strawberry.
10. Take a cotton swab. The cotton is wound on a thin tube on cotton buds, we cut off the part with cotton using scissors.
11. Using pliers we press the edge of the tube.
12-14. We squeeze out seeds on a strawberry with this tube, as shown on the photo.
15. In order not to erase the squeezed out grains, you should grab the strawberries by the eyelet with tweezers or pliers.
16-18. Take a thin brush and metal powder, color the seeds with golden powder over raw strawberries.
19-20. Do the same with two strawberries.
21-23. Roll a thin sausage of green polymer clay, and cut with a blade into 12 small pieces, 6 for each strawberry.
24. Take a small piece of green polymer clay, roll a drop and flatten to get a small leaflet.
25-26. Take a toothpick, make a streak in the middle of the leaflet, and attach it to the strawberry. Make the following leaflet exactly the same.
27. Make three small leaves at the top of the berry — this will be the bottom row of sepals.
28. Make three more similar leaflets in the top row of the sepals of our strawberries.
29. Make the same sepals on the second strawberry.Then bake the strawberries in the oven, according to the instructions for your polymer clay.
30. Take a special varnish for polymer clay.
31-34. Cover our strawberries with polymer clay varnish. Depending on which kind of varnish you use, you will need to bake strawberries again, or leave them to dry.
35. Take the bijouterie ring, unfold it with pliers.
36. Put a strawberry on this ring.
37. Insert an earring fixture into the same ring.
38. Close the ring using pliers.
Construct the second earring in the same way.
39. Such polymer clay strawberry earrings we have made.
In order to accompany these earrings, you can sculpt a pendant in the form of a Strawberry. Strawberry is sculpted in the same way as it shown in this lesson, but how the Strawberry pendant will look and how to create it, its shown here.
If there are any unclear moments in the process of sculpting polymer clay earrings, here is a detailed video tutorial on polymer clay on sculpting earrings in the form of strawberries. The video shows exactly the same earrings.
A detailed video tutorial on sculpting strawberry earrings from baked polymer clay:
An interesting idea on how to paint polymer clay with dry art pastel.
We will use white polymer clay for modeling. As in most cases, baked polymer clay is used for making jewelry.
We will also need a small piece of black polymer clay, earrings wires and other jewelry accessories, a rolling pin, soft dry pastels in four colors: yellow, red, blue and green.
We print out the image of parrots. We print two copies in a mirror reflection.
Roll out the white polymer clay with a rolling pin. We attach a sheet with the image of parrots to the clay, use a pen to outline the contours of our parrots.
We remove the leaf, draw the contours, and carefully cut out the parrot from the clay along the contour with a scalpel.
We also sculpt feathers from white polymer clay. With the help of a dots, we make a small recess for the eye and insert a small round piece of black polymer clay there.
Using a sharp blade we rub dry art pastel. We get powder from pastel. Using a brush we tint the parrots with this powder, as shown in the photo and just below in the video in more details.
We fix the pin and attach the hook to it. We bake our earrings in the oven, according to the instructions indicated on your polymer clay.
The pastel will stick well to the clay during baking. After baking, we cover the earrings with polymer clay varnish very well – this will add gloss and finally fix the pastel on polymer clay.
A detailed video lesson on modeling polymer clay earrings “Bright Parrots”:
Earrings with Tangerines. A photo tutorial on sculpting earrings with miniature Tangerines from polymer clay.
In this sculpting tutorial, you will learn how to sculpt miniature tangerines and create beautiful earrings from them. We publish this photo tutorial in the Polymer clay earrings ideas & tutorial section, although tangerines and oranges (they are molded in almost the same way, very similar, only in a more round shape) are fruits and they suit great for the section on modeling food from polymer clay.
You will need accessories for the earrings, as in our photo – openwork, then the clay will stick on both sides between the openwork elements and we will not need epoxy glue. You need transparent orange polymer clay for making oranges. For the manufacture of jewelry, as well as decor on cups, we use baked polymer clay, as it is very strong and is waterproof. In this tutorial, the craftsman used CERNIT baked polymer clay. We will also need ordinary orange clay and white polymer clay for the peel, for the leaves we use dark green polymer clay.
1. We roll a sausage from transparent orange polymer clay (before baking, transparency is not visible in the clay, it appears after you bake the clay). Cut off 7 identical small pieces – these will be slices of tangerine, make slices and fasten them in a circle, then press them with a stack, as it is shown in the photo.
2. It is necessary to cut 14 identical pieces for earrings at once so that tangerines of the same size would be obtained on both earrings.
3. Roll two identical balls out of ordinary orange polymer clay. Slightly flatten, and roll over them with a stiff brush – these will be not peeled tangerines.
4. We sculpt peeled tangerines, but a little smaller. Bake the peeled tangerines (pre-bake for 5-10 minutes, temperature according to the instructions), let them cool, cover with acrylic white paint, after 5-10 minutes wipe off the excess with a wet wipe. Good acrylic paint is not afraid of baking, which will later be needed for the entire product assembled.
5. Roll out a strip of orange and white polymer clay, put them together, with the orange side on coarse sandpaper. And on the side with white polymer clay, we go through with a brush. We cut out small pieces from this, glue them to the peeled tangerines on FIMO Gel, this will be the skin of tangerines.
6. Take the accessories for earrings. We attach identical pieces of polymer clay. We will glue our leaves and tangerines to this clay using FIMO Gel. We have already shown in detail how to make leaves in this photo tutorial on modeling from polymer clay.
We bake the earrings in the oven according to the instructions for your polymer clay. Then, if you want, cover the Tangerines and polymer clay leaves with polymer clay varnish. The varnish makes the product more resistant in using.
Stylish rectangular polymer clay earrings. Video tutorial
DIY Stylish rectangular Clay Earrings. A detailed video tutorial on modeling polymer clay earrings: