4 Christmas polymer clay ideas
3 videos with detailed video tutorials for beginners AND 1 photo tutorial:
1. Christmas frame of polymer clay.
2. Christmas polymer clay ideas: Gnome on a mug.
3. Christmas gnome made of polymer clay. Detailed video tutorial on polymer clay modeling.
4. Christmas tree decoration in the form of a butterfly. A detailed photo tutorial on making a Christmas butterfly from liquid polymer clay and glitters.
1. Christmas polymer clay ideas: Frame decor with polymer clay. Christmas frame of polymer clay.
In this video, we will create Christmas figures and decorate the frame with them.
This is a very detailed video with polymer clay modeling tutorial for beginners.
But also, it is possible to create a unique photo frame with Christmas décor as you can see in this video. In this video, you will see detailed lessons on polymer clay modeling: Christmas candy (polymer clay candy cane), Christmas tree, Christmas gifts, Christmas wreath, snowman, Christmas boot, and Christmas deer.
After sculpting the figurines, we bake according to the instructions for polymer clay.
Then we glue the figures to the photo frame using epoxy glue.
2. Christmas polymer clay ideas: Gnome on a mug. Polymer clay modeling tutorial for beginners
To sculpt the Christmas gnome, as in the video, we need:
Red, green, and white polymer clay. A small piece of flesh color polymer clay. Also, various residues of clay (this is a very good way to use clay of the wrong color).
Often, beginners who are just starting to sculpt from polymer clay do not know where to use the polymer clay of the color they don’t need.
Polymer clay modeling lesson: Christmas decor “Gnome on a mug”
First, we sculpt the shape of a little body. Roll out a layer of clay residues. We apply it to the mug.
1. Make a square shape with a scalpel.
Roll out the green polymer clay. We attach it. You can mark the boundaries with a needle. Cut it out and we get the finished body.
Tips for the beginners:
– Every time we use FIMO gel to fasten any parts together.
– If you see small lint, always use wet wipes to remove them immediately.
2. For the beard, you will need white polymer clay. We make it in a triangular shape. Then apply it to the body and cut off the rest.
2a. We make an imitation of hairs with a needle.
3. To mold the cap, we take the remnants of the polymer clay, make a triangular shape and lift the middle a little on the mug, pushing the edges to make it look more realistic.
4. We make a small thick sausage for the nose and put it between the beard and the hat.
5. Roll out the red polymer clay and attach it to the hat. We mark the boundaries with a needle. We cut off the unnecessary.
6. For bubo, take a very little green and a little more white color and mix them. We make a circle and put it on the edge of the hat. 6a With or with a scalpel a needle we make an imitation of fur, ruffling the surface.
7. Roll out green sausages for hands. Cut off an even corner from above and apply it to the body.
8. For the red polymer clay mitten, we make circles and stretch them a little, so that it looks like a brush shape. 8a. We cut the place where the thumb should be with a knife. 8b. We attach small red sausages at the top of the mittens to hide the transition of the hand to the wrist.
9-9b. For the hat decoration we make a snowflake from white clay using cutting. You can create any pattern on the snowflake.
10. Then we roll small white balls and stick into the hat with a needle.
11. We bake polymer clay décor according to the instructions. Remove the decor from the mug and glue it with epoxy glue (without glue the decor will not stick to the mug well), leave it for 24 hours.
The gnome is ready!
If you do not understand some of the details, here is a very detailed video on modeling Christmas decor: Gnome on a mug of polymer clay.
Author Victoria https://www.instagram.com/tvoya__kruzhka/?igshid=1gv38pdxiksbu
3. Christmas polymer clay ideas: Christmas gnome made of polymer clay. Detailed video tutorial on polymer clay modeling.
In this video, you will see very detailed tutorial on how to sculpt a polymer clay Christmas pendant in the form of a gnome.
The gnome figurine can be used as a gift by attaching it to a keychain, or as a pendant on a Christmas tree.
Author of works 1 and 3: https://instagram.com/an_d_r_e_w_w
4. Christmas polymer clay ideas: Christmas tree decoration in the form of a butterfly. A detailed photo tutorial on making a Christmas butterfly from liquid polymer clay and glitters.
As the materials, we need a golden liquid polymer clay, a clothespin, wire, and glitters in two colors of gold and red.
We will make two Christmas decorations at the same time: a large butterfly sticker on any smooth surface, for example, on glass, and a smaller butterfly, we will attach to a clothespin, and it will be as a decoration for our Christmas tree.
Step 1. We print out or draw an image of a butterfly. The butterfly that will be as a sticker for us can be quite large, but the butterfly on the clothespin should not be very big, since liquid polymer clay turns out to be very elastic and large wings will not keep their shape.
Step 2. We need a glass after we have printed out or drawn openwork butterflies. Then we put the glass on the image of the butterfly, and carefully outline the contour with liquid polymer clay, as shown in the photographs. Sprinkle with glitters: the body of the butterfly with red glitters, the wings we sprinkle with golden glitters.
Step 3. Then you need to bake our butterfly in the oven according to the instructions for liquid polymer clay. After cooling down, remove the butterfly from the glass.
The butterfly sticker is ready, you need to wet it with water and stick it to the glass.
Step 4. Also, we need to take a wire to attach a butterfly to a clothespin. We attach the butterfly to the clothespin by using a wire and liquid polymer clay, as shown in the photo, and bake it again in the oven according to the instructions. Therefore, take a metal clothespin, as we have shown.