Polymer clay food. DIY Food made from polymer clay ideas. Free tutorials on polymer clay.
Food made from polymer clay can be as a toy, for example a doll food for a doll house. Polymer clay food is used to decorate many objects as well. For example, to decorate cups and kitchen utensils, jars for cereals and spices, as it shown on this page of our web-site “Polymer Clay Ideas”: Polymer Clay Decor. After following the link, you will find many interesting polymer clay ideas for decorating of cups and other objects, that can become a cute gift for relatives and friends, made by yourself.
Vegetables, fruits, cookies, candy, and cakes sculpted from baked polymer clay! Free photo tutorials on polymer clay. The page is constantly updated.
Vegetables and fruits sculpted from baked polymer clay. Still there are not all modeling lessons are on our website. But in some time, a bit later, detailed videos and photo lessons on modeling of almost all of these vegetables, fruits and verdure will be placed on this page.
Polymer clay food ideas foto:
On our website, in a separate blog article, there is a very detailed photo tutorial on modeling miniature cakes, suitable for making jewelry and decor.
Polymer clay food. Tutorials on polymer clay
9. On our site with photo and video tutorials on modeling polymer clay, there is a photo tutorial on modeling miniature Tangerines, peeled and without a peel. The master made very cute earrings out of them, so this tutorial was published not in this section on sculpting food from polymer clay, but in the section on sculpting earrings.
You can make cute jewelry from polymer clay food: pendants, earrings, bracelets, beads and necklaces. Pendants made of berries, miniature candies, cookies and other sweets look very nice as well. Usually for decoration and jewelry, we need to make a miniature food mad e from baked polymer clay, which is very strong and doesn’t afraid of water after baking. On this page you will find plenty of ideas and free lessons on sculpting of polymer clay food. The page is constantly updated and replenished with new ideas.
Polymer clay tomato. Photo tutorial on polymer clay food
1. All the tools we need are shown on the photo. We take red polymer clay, a size of a piece should be as big as you want to mold a tomato, and roll a smooth ball. We make miniature tomato from baked polymer clay. For a sepal and a peduncle, we take a piece of green clay, if there is no clay of a suitable green tone, as in our case, then we mix the green color from several colors of clay.
2. Using a stack with a ball, we make a recess in the ball of red polymer clay.
3. Then we push the longitudinal recesses with a toothpick, as shown on the photo.
4 and 5 photos. We make several recesses with a toothpick, in our case we make 5 of them. You can make 4 and 6.
6. Then we use a wet napkin to smooth the surface.
7. It should be like this.
8. Mix several colors of clay to get the necessary tone of green color.
9. We roll a sausage from the green clay we got. From half of the sausage with a blade we cut 5 identical small pieces for sepals.
10. From these small pieces we roll oblong droplets.
11. Then we flatten droplets and get sepals.
12 and 13 photos. Press the sepals into the recess on the tomato with a toothpick.
14. Roll the peduncle and glue it in the center of the sepal.
15. As a result we get this miniature tomato. We put it in the oven to bake (time and temperature of baking you will find on the pack of your polymer clay).
Chocolate bar made of polymer clay. Photo tutorial on polymer clay food.
The next lesson in the food section is sculpting of a miniature chocolate bar. For sculpting almost any polymer clay of necessary color is suitable. It depends on a tone of brown color, you can get from light extra milk chocolate to super dark chocolate. If you will use a chocolate bar to decorate a cup or to make jewelry, then you need to sculpt this food from baked polymer clay.
1. At first we mash polymer clay of a suitable size. Take a little more clay than you need for a bar of chocolate.
2. Roll the polymer clay on the glass using a rolling pin (if it is a baked polymer clay, then you need to bake it later as it is).
3-4 photos. Then you should cut off uneven edges from 2 sides with a blade, use a ruler for accuracy.
5. Remove excess of polymer clay.
6. Cut off uneven edges from 2 other sides with a blade.
7-8. Push through the longitudinal grooves along the entire chocolate bar with a ruler or a plastic card, as shown on the photographs. Use a ruler for accuracy.
9-10. Push through the cross grooves along the entire chocolate bar with a ruler or plastic card.
11-12. Correct the edges of the chocolate bar with a ruler.
13. Here we have a bar of chocolate. Now it’s just necessary to bake it as it is on the glass (according to the instructions for your polymer clay). After baking the polymer clay can be easily removed from the glass if to pry it off with a blade.
Recommendation: you can use this grid for the kitchen (as on the photo below) to mark the chocolate bar into cubes quickly. It should be slightly pressed down, thereby marked the chocolate bar, and then, cut off the excess along these strips, and push the cubes along the inner strips with a ruler or plastic card.
Chocolate biscuits and multi-layer polymer clay chocolate biscuits. Photo tutorial on polymer clay food.
Sculpting of miniature chocolate cookies, which is perfect for decoration and making jewelry by your own.
1-2 photos. We mash the brown polymer clay. We roll out a small thick layer of polymer clay with a rolling pin and cut out quite thick polymer clay circles with a round cutter.
3. Choose a button that looks like a cookie because of its texture, for example, like the one on the photo.
4. If you sculpt from baked polymer clay, wipe the button with a wet towel.
5-6. Also with a wet button, we will give the texture to our circles, and we will get the usual food for us – chocolate cookies. Bake cookies in the oven (according to the instructions for your polymer clay), and remove them from the glass.
Sculpting of a chocolate cookie with a white milk layer.
7. There are two ways to make chocolate cookie with a milk layer. Without reference to the method, we need to take a small piece of white polymer clay and roll it thinly with a rolling pin.
8. Cut a circle of the same diameter as the chocolate cookie.
9. Then we take the FIMO Liquid gel (or gel for baked polymer clay by any other producer). Put the gel thinly on baked chocolate cookies on their smooth side. Put a white circle between them, press down, and bake again. We will get a very neat chocolate cookie with a white layer inside.
10. The second method allows you to make chocolate cookies with a white layer immediately. As previously, we cut out thick circles of brown polymer clay. Also do not forget to cut a thin white circle.
11-12. We will need 2 identical buttons. Also, be sure to wipe them with a wet napkin, so that the polymer clay does not stick. On one button we put one cookie.
13. On top we put a white circle of polymer clay.
14. On this circle we put a second thick brown circle of polymer clay.
15. Press the second button on the top, as it shown on the photo. Do not press hard.
16. Carefully remove the buttons and bake our multi-layer polymer clay cookies.
The second method of sculpting allows you to bake the product only once and do without with the gel, if you suddenly did not have it, the cookies turn out to be more like homemade cookies. From such a multi-layer chocolate cookie you can make a cute polymer clay charms.
The polymer clay food that we have made look beautiful and sometimes very appetizing, but you can’t eat it! Be careful, especially with little children!
A sprig of white currant made of transparent polymer clay
These white currant berries are molded of transparent polymer clay. On our website you can find the recipe for making of transparent polymer clay with your own hands. This polymer clay does not need to be baked, it dries on its own in the air. The berries will dry to the full depth in 2-3 days. These berries can be sculpted from transparent baked polymer clay as well.
Tutorial on polymer clay: White currant
1. Take a small piece of polymer clay, approximately the same size as we want our berry to be. We roll a ball out of this piece.
2. Press the ball with hands to make such a circle.
3. We put coriander seeds in the middle, you can also take other small seeds, for example, from poultry feed.
4. Roll the ball with your fingers so that the seeds are inside.
5. We take a wire of 0.3 mm thick (No. 28-30), make an eyelet at the end of the wire. We dip this eyelet in the glue and insert it into our berry.
6. We put our berry into a sponge, so that it does not deform during drying, slightly dry it for about 20 minutes. During this time you can sculpt the following berries, which we will need to assemble a sprig.
7. Take a dry art pastel and rub it with a blade, as it shown in the photo. You need to take an olive pastel if you want to sculpt slightly greenish white currants or not ripe yet red currants, as in our lesson. You should use a dark yellow pastel if you want fully ripe berries.
8. Take a thin needle or pin and dip 2/3 of the entire length in pastel, as it shown in the photo.
9. Take our berry which is not dry yet. If you are going to sculpt from transparent baked polymer clay, then take the berry which has not been baked yet.
10. Lean the needle to the side of the berry to create a streak. The direction of the streak is from the wire to the center of the berry.
11. This is how it should be.
12. We sculpt berries for a sprig. We will need 9-10 berries, maybe even more. We sculpt berries in different sizes, a bit larger and a bit smaller, as shown in the photo. We leave our berries to dry, or bake them if we use baked polymer clay.
13. While the berries are drying up, we sculpt a white currant leaf. White currant leaves and red currant leaves are exactly the same, they are also very similar to small anemone leaves. A detailed lesson on sculpting a leaf is shown here.
14. When the currant berries have dried well, approximately in one day. In the case of baked polymer clay, the berries must be pre-baked. We dig a small drop of a glue in the center of our berry, clearly on the opposite side of the wire. We use latex glue for polymer clay, or good joiner’s PVA. We use polymer clay gel in the case of baked polymer clay.
15. Then we take a very small piece of brown polymer clay and glue it in the center of the berry.
16. Use a needle to make a hole in the center of the brown polymer clay and use a needle to press down softly on this piece so that it stuck well.
We dry or bake the berries (depending on the polymer clay we use).
17. After our berries are completely dry. We cover them with a transparent polymer clay varnish. The main thing is that the varnish should be as transparent as possible and do not thicken.
18. Take the Floral Tape, preferably in a light green color (if there is notthe same, you can take any other color), tear off a small piece, fold it several times, cut off with scissors a third part of the entire width of the tape.
19. We take two berries and wrap them with a piece of Floral Tape we got in order to put them together.
20. Then we apply the third berry, also wrap it with Floral Tape. Then attach the fourth berry and also wrap it with Floral Tape.
21. After winding all the berries, you should get such a sprig.
22. We attach a currant leaf to our sprig.
23. Then cut off the extra wires that are left from the berries and the leaf by nippers.
24. Take a light green acrylic paint with a slight olive tint. This color is also called: light grassy green. With a thin brush number 0 or 1, we completely paint over the stem of our sprig and the stems of the berries and leaf. We do that in order to make the same color of the entire sprig. We need to leave the wire near the base of the berries as thin as possible, such as it is – 0.3 mm. In order to make the whole composition look realistic.
25. After the acrylic paint is dry, we will paint our sprig with acrylic glossy varnish, this will make more natural look and fix the paint.
Polymer clay chocolate wafer straws, photo tutorial on sculpting
For the chocolate wafer straws, we take 2 shades of chocolate and white color. We roll the sausages and twist them together.
Polymer clay cookies. Video tutorial on modeling polymer clay cookies.
Several types of cookies at once in one video. These miniature cookies can be used to decorate items, to make polymer clay ornaments, the same as food for dolls.
To make cookies, we need polymer clay of sand color, the master uses baked polymer clay in this video since these cookies will later serve as decor for a jar of real cookies. And it will need to be washed. Baked polymer clay is the only type of clay that is not afraid of water at all and can be washed.
You can make such a cute bracelet from them. Bracelet of mini polymer clay cookies
Also, you need dry pastels to make cookies look realistic. To shape, you will need cuttings and silicone molds, different shapes for different types of cookies. Stiff brush to give the cookies a dough texture. You need white and chocolate glazing to decorate the cookies. To make the glaze, it is necessary to mix polymer clay of the desired color with FIMO gel, in equal proportions, and mix well. You will also need stacks with a miniature ball and a needle.
Author Victoria https://www.instagram.com/tvoya__kruzhka/?igshid=1gv38pdxiksbu
Polymer clay miniature food for modeling with children. Video Tutorials on polymer clay.
Designed specifically for children, without the use of sharp objects.
For even more modeling lessons with children, see this page of our website: “Dollhouse miniature made of polymer clay”>>
Polymer clay food ideas:
Some interesting ideas for vegetables and fruits made of polymer clay.
Here you will see some cute and very realistic vegetables and fruits made of polymer clay, modeling lessons will be placed a bit later.
If you like these polymer clay ideas, then write to us in the comments under this article in order to contact to the author. (Author: Julia Gaiduk)
Such cute glowing mushrooms can be molded from transparent polymer clay. The recipe you can find on our website HERE. In order for these mushrooms to transmit the light, they have to be transparent inside, like frosted glass. Not all the polymer clay is suitable for these purposes.
The lesson on modeling mushrooms will be placed on this page a bit later.
Author: Julia Gaiduk