On this page of our web-site called “Polymer clay ideas” there are several detailed photo Tutorials on polymer clay collected, as well as plenty of very cute and interesting ideas of polymer clay figurines. This page is constantly updated and filled in with new interesting polymer clay ideas. All polymer clay figurines are sculpted approximately in the same way. After reviewing these photo Tutorials on polymer clay, you will understand the principle of working with polymer clay and you will be able to realize any polymer clay idea that occurred to you.
TOP-10 best ideas Polymer clay figurines
1. Polymer clay dragons
2. Polymer clay cute cats
3. Polymer clay doggie
4. Polymer clay Teddy bears
5. Polymer clay wild animals: panda, kangaroo, koala
6. Polymer clay tigers
7. Polymer clay dinosaurs
8. Polymer clay rabbits
9. Polymer clay unicorns
10. Polymer clay bulls
Author of works by Alexander Grishina, our regular website contributor. You can order her works here: www.etsy.com/shop/ANIMALSofSMILES
In this video, you will see very detailed tutorial on how to sculpt a polymer clay. Polymer clay doggy
Super cool polymer clay monster figures. Not included in the TOP 10 (very creepy)
Author of works by MaxRubakov
Polymer clay figurines, polymer clay ideas, photo tutorials on polymer clay.
All the quite large polymer clay figurines are molded on a frame made of wire and aluminum foil. They are covered with polymer clay on top, and if it is an animal polymer clay figurine, the wool is formed with a needle stack. A stack with a ball forms the eye sockets. Eyes are molded from clay or glass beads are used.
Teddy Bear made of polymer clay. Photo Tutorial on polymer clay. Polymer clay figurine.
This is a detailed photo Tutorial on polymer clay with a description of how to sculpt a polymer clay figurine of a very cute teddy bear with chocolate. It is a very nice polymer clay idea.
- For this figurine we mix four parts of white polymer clay and one part of beige in order to make a light beige color. For creating a figure of this size, you will need about 75 gr of polymer clay. To sculpt the Bears figurines, we need to take baked polymer clay. Exactly from the baked polymer clay the best result will be obtained.
2. For absolutely any polymer clay figurine you will need a wire frame wrapped in aluminum foil. Therefore, for a bear polymer clay figurine, you will need a frame as well. We start with legs and wind up an aluminum foil in a certain way. Also, for sculpting and baking, we will definitely need a small glass. On this glass we will roll out a small piece of light beige polymer clay. On this piece we will glue the base of the foil for making the legs of the bear.
3-3a. We stick the base for the legs of the figurine with a polymer clay, then we cut out the lower layer along the contour. Using a needle stack, we form wool on the legs.
4. Then we take a light blue polymer clay and on the top we put a piece on the legs of a bear polymer clay figurine. Then we take a light beige piece and put it over the blue one.
5. We roll out a thin layer of light blue polymer clay and sculpt the shorts for our bear.
6. Let’s start sculpting the head of a bear figurine, for this we need to roll a ball of aluminum foil.
7. This ball we roll in a light beige polymer clay, as it shown on the photo. Herewith, we take small black glass or metal beads and insert them instead of the eyes, also look at the photo attentively. During sculpting it is convenient to hold the head on glass or toothpicks, we will also need this hole to attach the head to the body of the polymer clay figurine.
8. From light-beige polymer clay we form ears and from an orange polymer clay we make a nose. We work on the wool with a needle stack. When the head is completely ready, we put it on the pre-baking.
9-9b. We modify the body of the bear and finalize the shorts for him, as it shown on the photo.
10. We sculpt the paws of the bear and also we work with a needle stack on them in order to form the wool.
11-11b. After that we take the brown polymer clay and sculpt the chocolate bar, using a ruler for sculpting, the result should be as shown on the photo.
12-12a. Fix the chocolate bar in the paws of the bear and then put our polymer clay figurine in the oven to bake.
Bull from polymer clay. Making a figure of a cute bull. Photo Tutorial on polymer clay.
It is a very cute polymer clay idea. This bull’s figurine is made of baked polymer clay of such colors: white, ocher, orange, soft pink for the bull’s nose and a small piece of black polymer clay for pupils and horns, which is missed on the photo.
1. The first photo shows all the necessary materials and tools: glass, a stack with a ball, a needle stack, foil for the base, baked polymer clay
2. On the glass we roll out the white polymer clay, press it well to the glass. From the aluminum foil we form a bull’s body, 2a – roll it in with white polymer clay. We place the body of the bull’s polymer clay figurine on the glass on white polymer clay, press it.
3 From aluminum foil we roll a ball for the head of a bull’s figurine, we roll it in with an orange polymer clay.
4 We make holes in the head and in the body of the bull’s polymer clay figurine, using a needle stack, after that we fix the head with the body, using a toothpick.
5 Using stack with a ball, we form recesses for the eyes.
6 – 6a We sculpt a bull’s nose from a pink polymer clay.
7 – 7a From orange polymer clay we sculpt cheeks, everything as shown on the photo.
8 From white polymer clay we sculpt eyes.
9 – 9c We create the front and hind legs of a bull’s polymer clay figurine from white polymer clay as well. Fix them to the body.
10 From orange polymer clay we make spots throughout the body of a bull.
11 After that we sculpt and fix the tail of bull’s polymer clay figurine.
12 – 12b We mold the hooves with ocher-colored polymer clay and attach them to the legs of a bull. After that, carefully cut off the unnecessary clay along the contour.
13 – 13c Using a stack with a ball, we form recesses for the ears, sculpt the ears, and attach them to these recesses in the head of our polymer clay figurine.
14 We roll small black balls and sculpt the bull-eye pupils. Sculpt eyebrows from orange polymer clay mixed with ocher color.
15 Next to the ears, on top of the head, we make a deepening using a stack with a ball for horns.
16 – 16a Using a needle stack, we work at the wool of a bull all over the body and head.
17 From black polymer clay we sculpt horns of a bull’s polymer clay figurine.
18 – 18a From polymer clay of ocher color we sculpt a very beautiful curled mane, for this we roll sausages, twist them nicely like a spiral and place them all over the head.
19 We bake the final polymer clay figurine in the oven, according to the instructions on the polymer clay packaging.
In addition to very cute polymer clay figurines, you can also sculpt figures of monsters. For example, as shown in the next photo.
Polymer clay figurine monster. Polymer clay sculpture of Demon METRO 2033. Photo Tutorial on polymer clay
The first step in sculpting a demon figurine: Creating a carcass
The master used a metal wire in this case. He secured it with a sticky tape and a little of polymer clay. But in this case it is better to use a thin knitting wire as the master specifies.
The second stage of sculpting the demon figurine: Cover the carcass with clay
Draft coverage. He will fix the carcass with clay over the entire surface, recesses along the entire surface in the form of dots will allow the clay to stick better to it, as you can see in the photo.
Stage three: Throwing of the clay
Here it is very important to keep up to the given proportions.
Stage four: we glue the wings.
The carcass for the wings was glued at the first stage already, at this stage the wings are being worked out.
To glue the wings with glue, was a dubious and risky idea, as the master says. But still I liked the result very much. It is preferable to use a gel-like Super glue, and cover the gluing point well with polymer clay. After that, the wings will be strong enough to start sketching mass and working on textures.
Attention, important information! Before each baking, the wing must be fixed, in this case the master created a counterfort from hand materials by using of a can filled with paper, as you can see in the photo.
We take the baked polymer clay and all the tools, as shown on the photo. After sculpting, we bake the monster’s polymer clay figurine according to the instructions on the packaging of your polymer clay.
5. Then we paint the monster figure with artistic acrylic paints
Especially for https://polymerclayideas.info/
There is a very interesting idea on sculpting a monster by the same master below, you can see several photos with the stages of sculpting.
Polymer clay stork figurine. Video tutorial on polymer clay
This is a video of sculpting a stork bird figurine for decorating flower pots.
Polymer clay figurines ideas:
We will publish a new lesson on polymer clay modeling very soon.
The polymer clay idea is a very beautiful doll in a ball gown. Made entirely manually.
The cute gnome figurine is made of baked polymer clay.
A house for a gnome is a very interesting idea as well. Many elements, such as flowers, stones, mushrooms are sculpted from different types of polymer clay.
We will post lessons on modeling dolls on our website during the year.
If you like these polymer clay ideas, then write to us in the comments under this article in order to contact to the author. (Author: Julia Gaiduk)