Polymer clay flowers. DIY flowers made from polymer clay ideas. Free Tutorial on polymer clay flowers
Polymer clay flowers are very often used in jewelry, such as earring, pendants, bracelets, necklaces. Also they are very often used for decoration of various objects, such as vases, cups. On this page of our ‘Polymer Clay Ideas’ website a lot of ideas and examples of modeling flowers, both from baked polymer clay for decorations and decor, as well as lessons on sculpting flowers that look like real ones.
Special polymer clay for sculpting flowers (eg Thai polymer clay) is used to make realistic (like real ones) flowers. Very famous and popular polymer clay for flowers is clay made in Japan by Modena Clay. Special polymer clay for sculpting flowers dries out on its own in the air and differs in that it is possible to sculpt very thin petals and leaves from it.
From baked polymer clay you can also make a variety of flowers, but these flowers will not look so natural, but will be just very beautiful. Exactly flowers from baked polymer clay are used for jewelry and decor, for example, Hairbands, cups and vases, since exactly baked polymer clay is not afraid of water and it is very strong after baking. This page of our website is constantly updated and added with new ideas and lessons on flower modeling.
Polymer clay flowers ideas foto:
A detailed tutorial on sculpting these flowers below.
Free Tutorial on polymer clay flowers
Baked polymer clay rose . Photo tutorial on polymer clay flowers
This is the easiest way to sculpt a rose flower from baked polymer clay for cups and jewelry.
1. Roll out the sausage of the necessary color which you want your flower to be.
2. Cut the sausage into pieces with a blade, the first 4 pieces should be a bit smaller, the next 5 – a bit larger.
3 and 4 photos. Press each piece with your fingers in order to make such a circle.
5. Do the same with all the circles.
6. Then with a toothpick we carefully roll the edge of our circle to make it wavy.
7. Do the same with all the circles – the petals of our future flower.
8. Twist 1 petal in a tube, as it shown on the photo.
9 and 10 photos. Take 3 petals and overlap them with each other.
11. Then we take the next row of petals, we overlap them again and attach them in a circle.
12. We get such a rose flower – not very smooth.
13. We carefully straighten our petals using our fingers, so that the flower will be smoother and more beautiful.
14. Here we have such a rose flower. We put it in the oven to bake (according to the instructions for polymer clay), or depending on your idea, fix it to the necessary piece of decor or jewelry.
Mini roses made of polymer clay. Three videos tutorials on sculpting of miniature polymer clay roses flowers.
It is interesting author’s idea of sculpting using sharp curved tweezers. A unique technique which will let you to mold a mini rose from baked polymer clay very quickly and easily. This flower will consist of 16 petals. Here is a bouquet of roses is made in a basket, a detailed flower molding begins on 10:38.
Mini rose made of polymer clay. Video tutorial on sculpting of miniature polymer clay rose flower.
The second video tutorial on sculpting easy Roses made of polymer clay for jewelry.
The third video on modeling very easy roses for classes with children
Polymer clay flower of cornflower. Photo tutorial on polymer clay flowers
1.Take blue polymer clay. We roll out a thin layer of polymer clay, cut out a circle. We cut the circle with a blade into 4 parts. We get the petals, make a jagged edge on each petal, this is also done with a blade. We twist the petals in a tube, as shown on the photo.
2. Cut out a circle of polymer clay of a bit smaller size than the one we cut for leaves. We spread the petals of the tube in a circle, as shown on the photo.
3. Take a piece of the same blue polymer clay, and a piece of white polymer clay. Mix them together to get a lighter tone of blue. Roll out and cut out a circle, a bit smaller than the first. Sculpt from blue clay the same petals of the tube. We put them in the middle of the cornflower flower. As shown on the photo.
4. We take white polymer clay. We roll a thin sausage, cut a piece and cut it into two parts, as shown on the photo. Carefully insert into the center of the blue petals of the tubules.
5. As a result we get such a beautiful cornflower flower, put it into the oven to bake.
Polymer clay flowers can be used in various décor and jewelry. On our website, there are shown a lot of ideas about the use of polymer clay flowers. Also, polymer clay flowers look very beautiful in epoxy. Unlike natural flowers, they do not die, unlike dried flowers, they look much more beautiful and do not fade over some time.
Ranunculus flower made of polymer clay, photo tutorial on modeling.
1. You will need polymer clay of 2 colors for sculpting this flower: white and bright green.
2. The flower needs a less bright green color. Therefore, we mix white and green polymer clay in the proportions indicated in the photo. This is the color you should get, as in photo 3.
4. Roll out sausages of green and white flowers, cut thin ovals with a blade, these will be the bases for the flower petals. The green ovals should be a bit smaller than the white ones.
5. Roll out the petals with a stack. We do this with all the petals, green and white.
6. Take a piece of green polymer clay for making the middle, roll the ball, and form the middle of the Ranunculus flower with a sharp stack.
7. Form green petals by using a stack with a ball.
8. We attach the flower petals around the middle in turn, starting with green ones.
9. Form the white petals by using a stack with a ball.
10-11. We glue the white petals to the flower.
12. Such beautiful decor can be done using these flowers.
Author: Olga Korzachenko
Anemone leaf or white and red currant leaf made from polymer clay
In order to make the leaf as realistic as possible, we take a special clay used for sculpting flowers and leaves. This clay dries on its own in the air. Japanese “Modena Clay” clay is one of the most high-quality and most popular polymer clay for modeling flowers.
Also, for sculpting realistic leaves and a petals we can use our transparent polymer clay, which recipe is posted on our website here. It is necessary to add oil paint in this polymer clay, the same as in Japanese, and mix it well to let future leaves and petals get suitable color.
For sculpting of this leaf, we will need a double-sided silicone mold “Anemone leaf” (size is in the photo 18). A piece of clay that is painted with grassy green oil paint. We paint with a small amount of it, mixing the paint into the clay, add quite a bit of paint to get a light shade. During working with such types of polymer clay, when you paint – do not forget that the polymer clay will dry out and become translucent or transparent and the color will become brighter.
1. Take a double-sided silicone mold (consists of 2 parts) of a suitable texture.
2. Roll out a small piece of light green polymer clay with a rolling pin.
3. We put a piece on one part of the mold.
4. Cover with the second part of the mold on the top. And press down the two parts hardly, especially at the edges.
5 -6. We hold the two parts very well with one hand, and with the other hand we tear off the excess polymer clay that sticks out of the mold.
7. We remove one half of the mold.
8. Then we cut off carefully the excess polymer clay with scissors where the edges turned out to be ugly and uneven.
9. Remove the leaf from the bottom of the mold.
10. Also trim with scissors if something hasn’t been removed yet.
11.You should get a leaf like this, dry it slightly.
12. Take a thin wire 0.4 mm in diameter (# 26) and a very small piece of green polymer clay.
13. Dip the wire in latex glue. Latex glue is used for gluing leaves and petals made of self-hardening polymer clay.
14-15.With a small piece of polymer clay we roll the edge of a wire about 1.5 cm long (about half an inch).
16-17. We glue our wire in polymer clay and the edge of the leaf in the center along the central streak (see the photo).
18. The mold of such size we used to sculpt this leaf.
Polymer clay sakura flowers . Easy Tutorial
Video easy tutorial on modeling sakura flowers from polymer clay:
Polymer clay transparent Sakura flowers. Video Tutorial
Transparent polymer clay and UV resin. Hair jewelry
Polymer clay Poppy flower. Video tutorial on modeling
This video shows a tutorial on modeling a realistic poppy flower from polymer clay. The petals and structure of the flower are absolutely the same as in nature. The only difference is that the poppy box is not sculpted, but a crystal bead is taken since the poppy is molded decoratively for making a brooch. And the stamens are dipped not in black, but in transparent microbeads, for greater decorativeness. The poppy is obtained so transparently because it is not molded from ordinary polymer clay for sculpting flowers, but from transparent clay, the recipe for which we have on our website. Poppy is tinted with metallic pigments. And when sculpting a realistic poppy flower, it would be necessary to tint with dry art pastels. As shown in one of the previous videos on this page, namely in the tutorial on sculpting realistic double sakura flowers.
Polymer clay peony flower. Video tutorial on modeling
Polymer clay Rose flower. Video tutorial on modeling realistic Rose flower
This video shows a tutorial on modeling a realistic Rose flower from polymer clay. The petals and structure of the flower are absolutely the same as in nature.
Rose is tinted with metallic pigments. And when sculpting a realistic Rose flower, it would be necessary to tint with dry art pastels.