We will make two autumn cakes at the same time.
Lovely appetizing cakes, suitable for making jewelry, decor, and as well as miniature food for a doll house.
Miniature Polymer Clay Food: Autumn Cakes. Photo lesson 2 in 1.
1. For work we need:
– pasta machine or rolling pin
– round polymer clay cutter
– a brush or a hard toothbrush
– artistic pastel (the photo will show necessary colors)
-orange polymer clay
– “dough” polymer clay color – should be made independently from clay of the following colors: 90% white, 8% yellow, 2% brown.
2. From “dough” polymer clay of color we roll out a the thickest layer, using a pasta machine.
3. Cut two circles with the form.
4. Roll out the orange polymer clay in the same way, and fold the layer in half.
5. Cut two circles again.
6. We impose circles on each other, dough from below, stuffing from above.
7. Next, we make the sides. Roll the sausage out of clay (about 1 cm in diameter and 7-8 cm long, let it cool from the heat of your hands, and roll out on a pasta machine).
8. Here are the edges, which should be. The more the sausage lies, the more torn the edges will be. But this edge also depends on the softness of the polymer clay, the softer the clay, the less torn the edge.
9. We cut the sides and bottom, and form two strips 16-17cm long.
10. Make a texture of shortbread on both sides, using a brush.
11. The next step will be toning. I use artistic pastels of such colors (yellow, ocher, brown).
12. Then we strain the pastels ,all three together, with a knife and mix them with each other with a brush.
13. Tone our welts with a soft brush from both sides.
14. Wrap our earlier cutted circles with them.
15. I cut off the leavings and smooth a stitch a little.
16. I use “sugar icing” in order to decorate one of the cakes, to make it you need to mix a piece of clay with liquid plastic. I have fimo gel.
17. Up to such liquid consistence.
18. We cover our polymer clay cake with it.
Polymer clay cake tutorial. Decorating the cake
19. For making leaflets I need:
– clay, dough color
– small forms of leaves (I have an oak, and a simple leaf)
– a needle to make streaks on the sheet.
20. We roll out the clay, squeeze out the leaves.
21. We make a pattern of streaks on them.
22. Tone the leaves.
23. Carefully spread them on our cake. Here is the first cake and ready.
24. For the second cake we cut out many other leaves.
25. We make a pattern of streaks on them.
26. We tone the leaves.
27. Spread on a cake in a circle.
28. For berries we take a dark blue polymer clay, roll a thin sausage, and cut into small pieces.
29. From these parts we roll balls.
30. Carefully grease the cake and leaves with fimo gel, and lay out the berries with a toothpick. Where the berry touched the toothpick will be a dent, and if necessary, it will make our berry more realistic.
31. The last step, gently powder the cake with white pastel.
Bake cakes for 30 minutes at a temperature of 120 degrees. But be sure to read what is the baking temperature of your polymer clay. After baking, I cover the cakes with polymer clay varnish.
Here are our autumn cakes ready.